Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Ricoh gx e3300n and it powers up, all buttons

Customer Question

hi - i have a Ricoh gx e3300n and it powers up, all buttons lighted up, display shows nothing and it freezes.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same problem. starts up, all buttons hilite, glow up than stop half glowing, nothing happens, display shows nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** problem (and please do not shoot the messenger) It is the internal memory that has faulted. When it goes to read it for loading the firmware this is when it freezes. It will be faulty sectors holding the firmware.Residue power in the circuits can cause this, but we have ruled this out now, to confirm this. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so theres nothing i could do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Not until the mainboard it replaced sorry, its the memory on the board that has faulted, and the board needs replacement. You have to take it in to get this replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f*** - thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can only tell you the situation... a lot of times the residue power is to blame but we ruled this out.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.