Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Gigaset 415 . Answer machine not working properly . When setting

Customer Question

Gigaset 415 . Answer machine not working properly . When setting up a new announcement ,will not allow a short announcement cuts out after 15 secs. Does not take messages cuts out after some seconds. Have deleted all messages . No change. Why ????
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suspect that the memory, where the message(s) is/are stored, is damaged at a certain point. That would explain the 15-second limit, which is where storage breaks down, or ceases.If the Gigaset phone is new enough, this failure is covered by the maker's warranty and they should fix it (or ? replace it) free of charge.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answer. Before I purchase a new answering machine Would telephone line quality and the fact that broadband is connected to line effect the answering machine.?Sometimes a buzz on line. If the broadband is connected to the phone line, you must have DSL or ADSL service, I would presume. Then you will need a DSL filter (generally several of them are supplied with the DSL modem) between the phone line and the answering machine and voice phone device.(Thanks for the favorable rating.)