Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

hi my mum who is 74 years old was diagnosed with lung cancer

Customer Question

hi my mum who is 74 years old was diagnosed with lung cancer which was not treated with radiotherapy as the hospital said it was dormant.she has now been told she has a brain tumour. the tumour is quite large and she has lost the use of her arm.otherthan that she is not showing any other symptoms. I spoke to one of your doctors online and he said they would treat this but our hospital is saying she is to frail and more or less just go home and die. she is very small but always has been.she is about 5 stone 7 pounds and has never been over six and a half when she was well.the oncologist seemed to write my mum off before she even got in the room.she had no bedside manner at all. we are so devastated.my mum wants the treatment and she is a fighter.she has some really good days but at the moment is very depressed.she is on 8 steroids a day which are helping her. what would be your opinion can we fight for treatment.

Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I think I helped you on another question regarding your mum with lung cancer spread to the brain.

let me know if you have other questions.