Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Hi I occasionally take a nitrostat sub for heart pain or angina.

Customer Question

Hi I occasionally take a nitrostat sub for heart pain or angina. Havent taken one in over a month. I now at my age find myself in need of viagra. How long between these meds is [email protected]
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you need to talk to your heart doctor before you take any viagra.

viagra can drop your blood pressure and cause head aches and even fainting spells in some patients.

if the viagra drops your blood pressure too much, your heart can have decreased blood flow.

so if you have a history of angia or coronary artery disease which require nitrostat, you must first talk to your doctor about if it is safe for you to take viagra at all.

have you talked to your heart doctor about taking viagra?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
do you have any other questions?