Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

After finding a swelling in my neck ,I was told ihad several

Customer Question

After finding a swelling in my neck ,I was told ihad several cysts on my thyroid.my . My GP referred me to the E.N.T.dept I was given a hearing test,had a camera down my throat, and was sent home with two hand outs one on saline sniffs, and another for vocal cord health! I had as scan prior to this. I had previously had thyroid surgery in 1980.iam symptomatic of thyroid problems, yet report from hospital shows no further actions needed. Haven't seen my GP since,as I am feeling unwell will try for an appointment tomorrow,how do I discuss my concerns in a 10 min. Appointment? I would appreciate your advice. Kind regards Gina.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

can you tell me more about your thyroid symptoms?

Dr. David :

do you know what your TSH level is?

Dr. David :

have you had a thyroid ultrasound? do you know how large these thyroid cysts are?

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-p2gebc4q- : Yes i ihad the ultrasound several small cysts and one larger showed, my THS level was1.03. At time my GP referred me to E.N.T,,assuring me there was no cancer. My symptoms are ,constant swallowing,red palms ,itchy red rash,that doesn't respond to any treatments I have hadTired all the time,can't remember ever sleeping all night,having to go down to toilet several times,feeling stressed and anxious all the time sorry I am slow to reply Also having balance problems,which is why iam trying to get GP appt and would like to discuss advice you can offer and ask for amends review.
Dr. David :

if there is a thyroid nodule larger than 1cm, it should be biopsied by the ENT doctor by ultrasound guidance.

Dr. David :

your rash symptoms may not be related to your thyroid.

Dr. David :

you should get blood testing to check for anti thyroid antibodies which could be a sign of hashimotos thyroiditis.

Dr. David :

you should have autoimmune antibody testing as well.

Dr. David :

have you had your ANA blood levels checked?

Dr. David :

how long as this feeling of stressed and anxiety been?

JACUSTOMER-p2gebc4q- : GP has ultra sound results ,I can ask about size . Will also ask about blood tests recommended, my stress and anxiety levels fluctuate,as does everyone's, but seem harder for me to cope with,have been on fluoxetine 20 mg for as long as I can remember,lots of medication for blood pressure,hence why I am going to request a meds review, thanks for advice,at least I can be more confident when I get my appointment,really appreciate your input, and welcome any further advice Dr David.
Dr. David :

I hope your further testing leads you to better health.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done for now, please leave +++ positive feedback below the chat box.

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

you might have to scroll down below to see the feedback area.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswers.com