Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

hi i had some blood test done 3 months ago and was told by

Customer Question

hi i had some blood test done 3 months ago and was told by my Doctor i had an overactive thyroid and if i did not get to see a specialist in two weeks i was to go to A&E but i did,nt my daughter looked this up for me and told me that i had all the symptoms as i was telling her before i had the blood tests that i did not feel right i got an appointment to see a specialist on the 7th of Oct this year i had more blood test done 6 weeks later and my Doctor told me the overactive thyroid was gone is this possable i have to get more blood test done in two weeks before i see the spelialist
Marian
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Marian,

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Do you have the exact values of the lab tests?

I had asked for some further information. but you are apparently not currently online.

Yes, this is possible, and it is also possible that the next blood test will show that the thyroid level is low. The primary cause of thyroid disease is due to an autoimmune inflammation of the thyroid. In some people, when the inflammation first starts, it will cause the thyroid to release excessive amounts of thyroid, but with continued inflammation, the thyroid becomes more damaged and exhausts its stored thyroid hormone, at which point the thyroid blood tests will indicate that the level is low.

If you have the actual values of the blood tests, a more specific answer can be made.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.