Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I have had a lump on the roof of my mouth for the last few

Customer Question

I have had a lump on the roof of my mouth for the last few months sometimes it gets bigger and sometimes smaller ..... it is painless ... it is white in colour and has a tiny black spot in the middle ..... my dentist says its the remnants of a mouth ulcer .... I am not convinced as it was never painful and changes size ... I was told to use cordysol which hasn't worked and its still there after a week of using it ...... I do not smoke and never have ... I do not drink .. also I have a slight swelling in my per auricular node and in my sub mandibular gland these swellings I only noticed in the last two weeks the lump in the roof of my mouth and these gland swellings are all on the left side of my face .... I must also point out that I have had conjunctivitis in my left eye which I have been taking medicine for .... I also constantly feel like I have phlegm in my throat and am sometimes trying to hawk it up and constantly trying to swallow it down ( this has been like this for over a year) my dr looked in my throat and didnt say anything about what this was a year ago ..... I wonder if these are all signs of oral cancer or sinus cancer?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

these are not definite signs of oral or sinus cancer.

Dr. David :

I am glad you have shown your dentist the lump on the roof of the mouth.

Dr. David :

phlegm in the throat can come from allergies or post nasal drip or acid reflux up the esophagus irritating your throat.

Dr. David :

all of this can cause slight swelling of pre auricular lymph nodes.

Dr. David :

the most common lump in the roof of the mouth is a benign torus palatinus