Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

my brother-in-law mr Gordon Parrett is currently undergoing

Customer Question

my brother-in-law mr Gordon Parrett is currently undergoing treatment in Kent& Canterbury Hospital for cancer, he is 85years old and has been in and out of this hospital several times in the last 6 months. He attended for a set of tests last Wednesday and was recalled on the Thursday for a Blood disorder, he has a letter asking him to attend this Wednesday for the procedure agreed to be performed, as he was kept in for treatment for kidney problems he was told that the op planned for this Wednesday was on the list to be done. earlier today he was told no such op was listed. This appears to be a complete shambles, I am wanting to make a complaint as this is to mind unacceptable.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you should contact the hospital and speak to an administrator and let them know about the lack of communication and poor scheduling which is going on there.

Dr. David :

and how this is frustrating you and your brother who is batting cancer and should not have to be battling poor scheduling and poor communication.

Dr. David :

Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Tel: 01227 766877

Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG

Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Email:[email protected]

Dr. David :

you can also leave a review here as well

Dr. David :

http://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=1967

Dr. David :

best of luck to you and your brother.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer:

thank you for your reply and the information will take it from here .I will get in touch again if need be.