Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Last Feb my mum was diagnosed with cancer she had chemo

Customer Question

Last Feb my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer she had chemo and radio but complications with chemo meant she had hickman line put in but she got infection and ended up with blood clots and they ended chemo 2 treatments early. She is meant to take daily injections of heparin for clots which she doesn't! She is now complaining of pressure in her chest and neck she spoke to heterosexual gp today who things she may have developed more clots and booking her in with vascular surgeon but she refused to go to last 2 apts with vascular surgeon. What worries me is shell end up having stroke or something and she also due to fly to Egypt in just under 3 weeks time! Is she really safe to fly with clots on her lungs?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Dr. Phil, MD :

standing by

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Dr. Phil, MD :

hello?

Dr. Phil, MD :

are you there?

JACUSTOMER-nq0he51u- : My mum recently had breast cancer long story short she had hickman line rotted for her chemo as her veins galloped she got an infection around the line and a cluster of clots some in main artery to heart. She meant to take daily injections of heparin but she hasn't been she's missed 2 apts with vascular surgeon i think she in denial or something ! She now complaining of pressure in chest and neck she spoke with gp who things she may have developed new clot and booking her in again with vascular surgeon but i don't think she will go but what's really concerning me is she due to fly to Egypt in just under weeks time Is she safe to fly with clots on her lungs?
I noticed you were having a difficult time in chat mode Kate

are you online to discuss now in this format?
Hi Kate

There is a strong possibility there are more clots

Her cancer plus the existing clots makes her highly susceptible to clots.

She needs to be on the shots daily for sure and to see the vascular surgeon

And she absolutely CANNOT fly.

This is very serious. She could die from this.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.