Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I hope you can help me. My father has bowel cancer

Customer Question

Hello I hope you can help me. My father has bowel cancer with mets to his liver. The last round of chemo didn't do anything and the tumours have remained the same size so they are now resting him. The bowel cancer was removed by operation about 4 month ago. I was starting the internet and found a company called 'Cancer Fighting Strategies' an USA company. They sent me the following email (sorry its a bit long) but I was wondering if what they are suggesting is worth ago or if it is a complete scam.
Hi Julie,
The most important supplements to beat your father's liver cancer are the following.
They are listed in order of importance. All are vital to use if possible, but if you can't get all of them, the top half is more vital than the bottom half of the list.
Depending on how many you get, expect to be using them for 3 to 6 months before the cancer is all dead and you can switch to a cancer prevention protocol to make sure it doesn't come back.
I can also optimize suggestions to fit a particular budget. Just let me know.
2 bottles a month Immune Force This is a revolutionary immune system supplement using a liposomal delivery system to get exact ratios of herbs, oils and patented mushroom extracts into cells. It is testing as the most important cancer fighting supplement we have. Supports liver function too, and overall health repair and gets the immune system to better deal with cancer. Very large 420 capsule bottle.
2 bottles a month Liver Strength This supports the liver and helps the immune system work more effectively.
1 bottle a month Brain Power This gets the brain cells working better which enables them to control the immune system more effectively.
Get as many of these 10 most valuable cancer fighting elixirs as possible. On a budget use the 1 bottle a month dosage.
2 bottle a month Reveal (Liquid) This new elixir prevents cancer cells from producing the CD47 protein which cloaks the cancer cells from the immune system. Reveal also stops production of the nagalase enzyme which deactivates immune system cells. The immune system will be much more capable of identifying and killing cancer cells.
1 bottle a month BLA (Liquid) This is a frequency enhanced elixir that delivers instructions to the body, telling it to stop cancer cells from eliminating lactic acid. This cause lactic acid to build up in the cancer cells and causes them to die. Works particularly powerfully with Glutam and PrugX. And with pHenOH.
1 bottle a month of Glutam (Liquid) This elixir supports both BLA and PrugX by reducing the amount of glutamine that is metabolized in cancer cells. This prevents the cells from producing ammonia. Ammonia would neutralize some of the lactic acid buildup BLA causes. This ammonia is produced as a byproduct of glutamine metabolism. Glutam’s ability to stop the metabolism of glutamine by cancer cells also prevents the cancer cells from neutralizing the hydrogen peroxide free radical buildup caused by PrugX. Glutamine can be turned into glutathione in cancer cells. Glutathione is a major antioxidant that would neutralize this hydrogen peroxide buildup to some extent.
1 bottle a month PrugX (Liquid) Sister elixir to BLA that is even stronger than BLA. It tells the cancer cells to stop releasing hydrogen peroxide. Cancer cells release hydrogen peroxide on a continuous basis in order to disrupt and kill nearby fibroblasts. By stopping this release, PrugX causes the hydrogen peroxide to build up in the cancer cells, causing them to die a natural death. Using PrugX and BLA together causes the cancer cells to die even faster as both lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide builds up in the cancer cells.
2 bottle a month GlioX (Liquid) This elixir works to help prevent recurrence of tumors and to get rid of tumors faster. It also works to prevent cancer cells from repairing DNA efficiently and to reduce their ability to grow aggressively.
2 bottle a month Tumorin (Liquid) This is an elixir that carries instructions to increase cancer fighting Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes in tumors. Plus, it reduces PD-L-1 lignads because these protect cancer cells.
2 bottle a month Dtosin (liquid) This elixir initiates a number of processes that tell the cancer cells to die a natural death, apoptosis.
2 bottle a month Telomerase Elixir (Liquid) The instructions in this elixir tell the body to produce more telomerase enzymes in healthy cells to lengthen telomeres in them. This stimulate regeneration and healing. And can have a profound anti-aging effect, to the extent that it gets your regular cells to produce this enzyme. Stem cells produce this enzyme and they keep replicating successfully your whole life. Plus, it transmits instructions to reduce and stop production of telomerase enzymes in cancer cells. This will help cause apoptosis or natural cell death in cancer cells as cancer cells do produce this enzyme which enables them to live on and on.
These elixirs st
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

wow, that is a long sales email.

Dr. David :

all of the agents in those supplements are not proven to fight cancer

Dr. David :

and have not shown to improve survival or slow cancer growth.

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

sorry some of it has not come through did you want the rest?

Dr. David :

I am sorry about your father's bowel cancer.

Dr. David :

that is ok, you don't have to upload the rest, I got the overall theme of the email.

Dr. David :

your father might benefit from genetic testing of his colon cancer to check for KRAS mutation and EGFR mutation in his cancer

Dr. David :

which could help his cancer doctors pick out chemotherapy for him.

Dr. David :

he might benefit from targeted therapy into his liver metastasis like radiofrequency ablation of liver metastasis

Dr. David :

or steriotactic radiosurgery ablation of his liver mets.

Dr. David :

or chemo-embolization of his liver mets.

Dr. David :

or Yyittrium 90 therasphere therapy into his liver.

Dr. David :

so he does have some options for more focal therapy for his liver mets.

Dr. David :

have him talk to his doctors about these options.

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

they are just resting him at the moment so are due to scan again in April. Can we ask them in the meantime to consider the options you have typed above? Are they treatments available in the UK? He has about 6 tumours in his liver.

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

so the tablets are just a scam? I know its hard for you to answer but what are you feelings on Cannabis Oil also?

Dr. David :

some if not all of those treatments are available in the UK. maybe not therasphere therapy.

Dr. David :

he might have to travel to larger cancer hospitals like Royal Marsden in London to get more options.

Dr. David :

tablets are alternative therapy.

Dr. David :

some doctors and cancer centers use them in conjunction with conventional therapy.

Dr. David :

cannabis oil might be good to help decrease nausea and help improve appetite.

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

how do we go about getting a second opinion from somewhere like the Royal Marsden?

Dr. David :

which could be good.

Dr. David :

ask your GP to get a second opinion there and refer him there for evaluation

Dr. David :

he might need it down the line if his liver metastasis start to grow.

Dr. David :

best of luck to you and him.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below.

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

Ok. My father is worried that he will upset the oncologist he is currently under does it have any negative affect on his treatment if he asks for a second opinion?

Dr. David :

no, there should not be any negative effects if he ask for a second opinion

Dr. David :

or ask for other options to treat the liver lesions

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

Is there still hope with the treatments you have suggested even if he has lots of tumours?

Dr. David :

there is potential hope to slow the growth of his tumors and to possibly shrink them.

Dr. David :

but hope for long term cure and complete eradication of his colon cancer out of his body forever is not realistic.

JACUSTOMER-hs1s4z6a- :

ok thank you.

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

don't forget to leave positive feedback below.

Dr. David :

do you see the ratings area below?

Dr. David :

thanks.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified Oncologist