Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Free t4 results are 12,11, 10,11,11.TSH results have been

free t4 results are 12,11, 10,11,11. TSH results have been 6.9H, 4.1, 3.5, 3.83, and 4.89H I have sub clinical thyroid disease. swelling to right hand side of neck @ Thyroid location. Fat neck. Do you think I should be recieving medication? Thanks, ***** ***** this is for Endocrinology & I cant amend.

Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

yes, your levels do show subclinical thyroid disease.

your TSH levels should be be between 0.3 and 3.0

and your TSH levels have been above that for the most part.

you should see a doctor and get a thyroid ultrasound and anti thyroid antibody levels checked to see if you have hashimotos thyroiditits.

you should go on low doses of synthroid thyroid hormone supplements to see if you can get your TSH levels down a bit. these thyroid thormones could help you with your energy levels and help you feel a bit better.

have you been on levothyroxone before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. My GO has been holding off for months for treatment & I have been having the most awful problems with wind/bloating & terrible constipatiion. I have appointment on Thursday for ultrasound. I have had no treatment what so ever & it is getting me down. I have been having blood tests since last June.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, you should go on levothyroxine thyroid hormone to help lower your TSH levelsyou should take probiotics and get daily fiber to help your constipationyou might also have IBS or irritable bowel syndromeyou might need a colonoscopy and testing for gluten allergy and other conditions to see why you are having constipation and bloating issues.you might be lactose intolerant which is a very common cause for gas and bloating.best of luck to youlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com