Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My mother in law has primary peritoneal cancer, stage 4

Customer Question

Hi, my mother in law has primary peritoneal cancer, stage 4 and has had 3 rounds of chemo followed by surgery. There are tiny cancer cells left by the bowel. Her 4th chemo has been delayed by 2 weeks - is that ok?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay. Why the delay in the chemo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your reply. Chemo was delayed to allow her to be in a stronger state to cope with it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can continue after this if you'd like but no, delaying the 4th treatment for two weeks while she recovers and gets stronger won't affect the efficacy of the treatment