Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Symptoms: loss of appetite insomnia over the last 3-4 weeks

symptoms: loss of appetite insomnia over the last 3-4 weeks 5 episodes of disturbances in vision which last approx 20-30 minutes. Vision becomes blotchy, blurred and surroundings amalgamate anxiety very low mood short temper 48 year old male who has recently
given up smoking. He has served 2 years of an 8 year prison sentence. Within the last few months a significant blow to head occurred and no medical treatment was sought. Remains very active with regards ***** ***** managing to attend the gym for 2 hours daily,
therefore other than this he remains fit and well given current environment.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
visual disturbances can be a sign of schizophrenia.
severe anxiety can cause insomnia and loss of appetite.
he needs to at least get a CT scan of his head to check for bleed in his brain from his head trauma.
that is good he is able to go to teh gym for 2 hours.
is he able to see a doctor to get medical treatment for his anxiety symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is convinced the visual disturbances mean that he has some kind of aneurysm caused by blow to his head. so can I reassure him that this is unlikely?
and schizophrenia is the more likely diagnosis? in short what is this please? is it easily treated and curable?
unfortunately, I doubt he will seek attention for the head trauma but I shall try my best to persuade him.
he has started the ball rolling with regards ***** ***** visual and the prison has referred him to the opticians in the first instance.
once that comes back ok there is talk of a scan as you mentioned. how long this will all take is the worrier for me, as with all inmates and the prison service nothing is of great urgency, and the welfare of the prisoners is not first priority.
anyhow thanks for your assistance at least i can do all i can my end.