Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Ever since Breast Cancer my OCD is so bad around HIV. Today

Customer Question

Ever since Breast Cancer my OCD is so bad around HIV. Today I trod on a sharp hairbrush and cut my foot on the bristles, I also have scratched my head too with the bristles and made my head bleed. My hairdresser used the bathroom to change her tampon because of a heavy period if she had put the USED tampon where the hairbrush goes on the shelf and the hairbrush got blood on it could I get HIV from this?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
no you can't get HIV from this.
you have to see your GP doctor to talk about treatment for your OCD
there are medications like sertraline or paroxetine which can help decrease your OCD symptoms
have you talked to your doctor about treatment for your OCD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have talked to my Dr and left a message on her answerphone, I have just come out of hospital after having my gallbladder removed so I feel worse now. I am worried because my builder left me a piece of paper with a staple pin in and I jabbed my arm on it, so I feel I have HIV at the moment! Have I ? It's all so hard.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't have HIV
this is your anxiety disorder getting out of control
you need to get on some treatment for your anxiety and ocd symptoms
talk to your doctor about medications like sertraline and paroxetine which can help
please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can't get HIV from staples or objects Dr ? I will talk to my GP again I promise.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you can't get HIV from staples or objects
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so I can't get it from objects that may have blood on them, and touching them then picking my teeth and bleeding or cutting myself and bleeding???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you can't get HIV from objects with blood on them
you are letting your anxiety get out of control.
you can't get HIV this way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get HIV from a dog bite, if he bites someone with HIV then bites me??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you can't get HIV from a dog bite.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the dog bites someone with HIV, then bites me. Which could have happened as I trained a guide dog and he was always play biting with people and then me, he play bit a Church Minister, then bit me and the minister has been poorly with I don't know what ! Could be HIV as she works sometimes abroad in poor countries. Could I have HIV?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
a dog play biting will not transfer HIV to you
you don't have HIV
you won't get HIV like this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I am panicking that my glasses fell down the toilet and my husband had used discaler liquid I rinsed them and then I wore them and took my Letrozole for my Breast Cancer I am now scared that my Letrozole won't work because of lime scale remover may have been on my hands, will my medicine not work because of this???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your anxiety is seriously getting out of control now.
you need to talk to your doctor about treatment for your anxiety disorder.
there are medications which can help you.
you don't have to worry about your letrozole not working
your anxiety is making up these unrealistic scenarios.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Letrozole is my lifesaver, it stops oestrogen fueling the cancer cells
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it will continue to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it really did happen Dr honestly have I stopped the Letrozole from working? Supposing it's in the packet, I have just started a new packet, do I carry on taking them and not worry about it?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, the cleaner on your glasses won't keep your letrozole from working.
I am a cancer doctor.
I know about letrozole.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really did drop my glasses down the toilet after my husband put lime discaler down
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I know.
you don't have to worry.
thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the the lime scale remover was on my hands from the glasses, and it got on tonight's tablet and the box when I take the rest of the tablets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or can I get HIV from touching a door handle which my hairdresser touched with a used tampon in her hand, then I touched the same door handle and put my finger in my mouth and picked my gums and made them bleed.