Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

My husband went to the doctors about 2 month ago with seeing

My husband went to the doctors about 2 month ago with seeing blood in his faeces . The doctor checked him over said there were no lumps in abdomen and my husband had no pain and said he had a small bleeding pile and gave no medication. My husband has just had a bowel cancer kit to do and the result was unclear . He now has to do two more to check and if he gets an abnormal result he will have to have a colonoscopy. His other bowel cancer checks were normal he has been having them since age 60 as routine. Should he be concerned as it is frightening him ?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidhe shouldn't be frightened.colon cancer is still rare.it sounds like his doctor is watching and looking for the possibility of colon cancer.hemorrhoids and piles are the most common cause for blood in the stool.have him complete the last 2 kits of stool checks to look for blood in the stool.I'm sure he will be fine.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first test came back as uncertain but he now has two more to take and already i can see how this has affected him . Would bowel cancer develop within two years of the last test and if it did would it be curable?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the chances for bowel cancer to develop in 2 years is super super small.most cases of bowel cancer are very curable.he should not stress about this.he will do fine.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com