Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I had an ultrasound (due to intermittent discomfort

Hello, I had an ultrasound (due to intermittent discomfort for four years) and a lesion on ligament of my left liver lobe which is suspected as being FHN was found. I have to have an MRI. I am 36 and female and pregnant 2 years ago after long use of OC. I am really scared it's the rare fibrolamellar?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou don't have a rare fibrolamellar carcinoma in your liver.you are looking up these rare cancers on the internet and worsening your anxietymost lesions in the liver are benign hemangiomas or benign focal nodular hyperplasia.I bet your MRI scan wills how that the liver spots are benign.long use of OC? what is that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long use of OC is oral contraceptives. I was on them for 16 years due to irregular periods. I came off about 3 years ago and got pregnant nearly 2 years ago. I have been beet anxious especially as fibrolamellar looks like Hyperplasia apparently.. Do you think it's my anxiety? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I think it is due to your anxiety and worry.I bet your liver MRI scan will show benign findings.like benign hemangiomas or benign focal nodular hyperplasia.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com