Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

HiI've been having some unusual bowel movements recently.

HiI've been having some unusual bowel movements recently. For just over 2 weeks, my stools have been like pebbles, but I've been secreting dark red mucus like goo from my bottom. I'm seem to be full of gas and my tummy is bloated and hard. I never feel like my bowels have emptied and when I need to go - I need to go - there's no choice. I can't pass gas without some leakage and my stomach often grumbles and churns quite loudly. I've not lost my appetite as such, no weight loss, occasional nausea. My diet has always been healthy, no processed or fast food and I don't eat red milk. I only drink light beer. I do not have anal sex. Please advise.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like you are very constipated with small hard pebble stools.you could also be implacted with stool with your stools not able to doyou need to work on fixing your constipation with drinking lots of water, using stool softeners like colace (docusate sodium) and using laxatives like miralax, milk of magnesia, senokott, ducolax and also using fleet suppositories or fleet enemas to get things going from the bottom.you will find that most likely you have a lot of stool that needs to come out.you should be eating more fruits and vegetables in your dietit can be hard to get 25-30g of fiber in your diet dailyyou might benefit from eating prunes and prune juice and fiber supplements like metamucil or benafiber regularlyadding a probiotic to your diet and eating yogurt can help your bowels as wellregular exercise and stretching can help your bowels work better.your symptoms don't sound like colon cancer or cancer related at this point.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com