Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I am so worried! Last night my neighbour came in and was

Hi I am so worried! Last night my neighbour came in and was playing with our cats when one of them scratched him, I took the cat away from him immediately and the cat that scratched me too straight after, we both bled. Now my neighbour is gay and I know that should not matter, but because the cat scratched him and me straight after I am worried that I could have HIV infection from this.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, there is no way to spread HIV this way.even if your neighbor has HIVspread of HIV has never been done this way.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Dr So I don't need testing, I also am worried because I picked up the post and I paper cut myself on a envelope, then opened a second letter and it had a red stain which look like blood, could I get HIV from this though the paper cut and the red on the second envelope ? I also held them in my mouth as I picked up the other post, and I had just brushed my and my gums bleed is this a risk from HIV, Or is the just my stupid OCD.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you don't need testing.no, there is no way to get HIV from an envelope.this is your ocd anxiety which is getting out of controlyou don't have to worry about HIV.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I rate does the HIV virus stay alive longer in semen or saliva. For example if somebody has oral sex can the HIV virus mixed with saliva and semen stay alive, and if someone used the same cutlery or cup straight after would this be a risk from HIV contamination, particularly if there was a cut or sore in the mouth?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
if someone has HIV, there is much less HIV virus in saliva and semen compared to their blood stream.HIV is not spread from using the same cutlery or cups or tooth brushes. HIV has never been spread this way.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If an envelope had a red stain which looked like a blood stain, if I touched the stain and rubbed my eyes or put the envelope in my mouth where I had bleeding gums or a sore, would this be an HIV risk? Or pricked myself on a staple when someone did the same before me is this a risk of HIV? Sorry I won't be bothering you again in the future because money is short at the moment.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you would not be at HIV riskyou are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry hereyou need to stop your worry about HIVplease leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or cutting my self on a knife when someone else has done so beforehand? And cat scratches or dog bites if there is an exchange of blood when a cat or dog has bitten or scratch someone else beforehand??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, there are no risks for HIV from these situations.you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry about these scenarios.you need to stop your worry about HIVplease leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified Oncologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if I touch blood or a blood stain and my finger touches my eyes or my nose or any other parts of my body ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am worried about blood getting into cuts or open sores, from blood stains on items used by the public.
Good bye Doctor
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't have to be worried about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if a sharp item like cat claws, knives, thorns pierce the body and have HIV Positive blood on them and they pierce my skin surely that is like a needle stick injury, particularly as my cat scratched my gay neighbour then scratched me. How is this different from sharing needles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And does it make a difference if the cat claws or anything sharp pricks the skin or the eyes or a vein or another part of the body that is more susceptible to HIV infection?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, that is not like a needle stick injury.this is your anxiety and ocd making up scenarios.no HIV has ever been spread like this.the eyes or veins are not more susceptible to HIV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So today I received a charity badge through the post, it had a sharp pin on it which was sticking through the envelope and pricked my finger on it also whilst I was cleaning I found one on my bookcase and did the same I pricked my finger and also while cleaning my mums house I did the same, now of the postman had pricked his finger before putting it through the letter box and my cleaner lady and my mums cleaner lady had pricked their fingers on the badges before me, is this an HIV risk?
We do get a lot of charity badges through the post!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can I have an anwer before I rate please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also what about sharp rose thorns if I prick myself on a thorn straight after someone else, is this a risk from HIV infection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also could I get HIV from a staple pin which was sticking through a letter, if someone had pricked themselves before I did, if they were HIV Positive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My builder gave me a piece of paper with a staple sticking out and I pricked my finger on it and it bled if he had pricked his finger before me is this an HIV infection risk ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also cut myself on a foil top on a milk bottle if the milkman who delivered it also cut himself is this an HIV infection risk to me??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello is any one going to answer me, I pricked myself on a catcus today in a garden store, and my finger bled if someone had done the same and pricked their finger before me is this a HIV risk???
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Please Shantal as you can see I have very bad anxiety around HIV and I just need reassurance until I can find treatment for this.
I am very worried all the time and I proberly annoy people.
I just want to know whether HIV can be spread though sharp everyday things like staples, I am always pricking my fingers on things and I am fearful somebody else pricked their fingers on the same staple before me and this is a HIV risk! Particularly if it's seconds Inbetween someone else pricked finger to mine!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying to get me help. I am also worried because I have hit my head a while ago on the corner of a radiator and cut it and ther was bloodI suddenly thought if a builder or the lady that cleans did the same thing and hit their head on the same sharp corner of the radiator just before I did, is this a HIV risk?? Or is this my anxiety?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if my cat scratche someone with HIV then scratches me straight after is this an HIV risk?
Sorry I will not write anymore and I understand why no one wants to answer me Goodbye