Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Does kidney cancer present with microscopic hermatura or is

Customer Question

Does kidney cancer present with microscopic hermatura or is it usually gross hematura?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidkidney cancer usually is a pretty silent cancer and can present with microscopic hematuriaand can usually be easily detected with a kidney ultrasound scanfortunately, it is a relatively rare cancer that we don't see very often.do you have microscopic blood in your urine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I was In the ER with a stomach virus and they found some traces of blood on my urine when they tested it. I only have one kidney as I had a wills tumour when I was a child. So I am concerned . I am having a scan later in the week but am trying to do some research.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.I can understand you are worried.trace blood in the urine usually is not from kidney cancer.usually it is from irritation of the bladder, or urethra, from a small stone, or alcohol or caffeine useI bet your scan will not show kidney cancer.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. Just one more question. Can severe dehydration cause trace blood in urine? I am also on a blood thinner called warfarin as I had a dvt when I was younger so I don't know if that can also play a part.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, severe dehydration can cause trace blood in the urine.warfarin can cause trace blood in your urine.make sure you drink enough water everyday.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. I had a kidney and bladder ultrasound today and both were normal. And I have a ct next week to look at my bowel. I had bowel cancer five years ago and I've had two cases of severe lower abdomen cramps in the last two months. Both were after drinking lemsip Max so I thought perhaps that was the cause. But am also worried my cancer may have returned. I had a clean ct and colonoscopy in September 2015 but I feel tired and I know I am pale. Anyway. We will see I suppose!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the updateI'm glad your ultrasounds were cleanthanks for using JustAnswer.com