Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Finished chemo in August hair coming back very patchy on top

Finished chemo in August hair coming back very patchy on top is there anything I can get to help it to grow.
Marian
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidhair growth after chemo can be slow and can look salt and pepper and sometimes can be curly with different texture after chemo treatments.taking a daily multivitamin is good.also you can get your thyroid hormone levels checked and iron and B12 levels checked to make sure they are normal. abnormal levels can affect hair growth.eating more protein can help your hair grow as wellbut you have to give them time to grow basicallylet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com