Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Female. age 71.Hysterectomy cancerous. Operated on little

Female. age 71.Hysterectomy cancerous. Operated on little over 2 years ago. Scanned and
prepared at North Hants Hosp. Operated on at Specialist Hosp at Southampton.
Operation deemed successful. Since hysterectomy acquired hip bacteria.Spacer,then antibiotics,then hip replacement R.B.H.Reading about 4 months ago.
Had numerous tests at Reading biopsies etc and health check for operation all o.k.
Been back to North Hants 3/4 times for post Hysterectomy check with consultant all o.k.
After some basic acupuncture 3 weeks ago health plummeted weak bad colour fatigue
weak appetite etc.This Prompted cat scan 5 days ago. Result cancer in bone,liver & brain.
In hospital at present,given steroids & some others but no direct action on the 3 sites.
I am her loving carer...when she returns home,can you give overview & life (approx) expectancy.This is vitally important,although difficult I know.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am so sorry your uterine cancer has spread since 2 years agothere are actually many different types of cancer which can start in the uterus.the most common are adenocarcinoma type cancers, but also papillary serous, and clear cell uterine cancers can also start in the uterus and behave aggressively and spread in time.it is impossible to predict accurately how long patients will live who have metastatic disease.usually patients when the cancer spreads to the brain live on average for 6-12 months with treatment, but that means your survival could be less than 6 months or longer than 12 in some cases.sometimes radiation therapy can be used to treat the brain for 5-10 treatments to help shrink the brain cancer and fight the cancer in the brain.steroids are a way to temporarily decrease teh swelling in the brain from the extra pressure from the brain tumor spread there. if the cancer is causing pain in the bones from spread there, palliative radiation therapy for 1-5 treatments can help reduce pain.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com