Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

My husband had a colonoscopy on Wednesday after an abnormal

My husband had a colonoscopy on Wednesday after an abnormal bowel screening test. During the procedure a polyp 12mm was completely removed . The notes say it looked like a tubular adenoma and it was a paris classification type Ip polyp {pedunculated]. The surgeon said it was benign and had seen many many polyps like it and not to worry at all but they still send it away to be checked and results will be available in a few weeks. although this is good news i am still anxious until results are back and my mind works overtime. This is fine isn't it ?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, this is fine.the polyp has been completely removed, even if there were some early cancer cells in the polyp.99% of polyps are benign polypsit sounds like your anxiety is getting out of control.your husband will be fine. I'm glad he went for a colonoscopy.let me know if you have other questions.