Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I have been struggling with HIV anxiety, and I have been

Customer Question

Hi I have been struggling with HIV anxiety, and I have been coping better these last two weeks while I wait for CBT (I am now 89th on the waiting list) but today I have been worried about things, for example today, we had somebody to repair our fridge and he had to get the fridge out and while doing this caught his hand on a sharp end of the door lock, I then put the food back in the fridge afterwards and bent down and caught my head on the the same sharp end of door lock, is this an HIV infection risk?
Also I bought a wooden crate from a shop and after the man gave it too me I caught my hand on a sharp splinter, if he had done the same just before me is this a risk of HIV infection?
Please could you reply outlining whether I am at risk from these two episodes
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, these are not HIV infection risk.you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.it is not that easy to contract HIV.you need unprotected traumatic anal sex with an HIV positive personor share IV drug needles with an HIV positive drug user to get HIVyou don't have to worry about your cuts and scratches causing you HIVlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com