Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Doctor, I am 24 years old and I've had GERD since about

Customer Question

Doctor,
I am 24 years old and I've had GERD since about 18. I have food that comes up un-digested (sometimes daily) if I eat certain foods or large amounts, but I don't have a problem swallowing liquid or foods. I am extremely concerned I may have esophageal cancer, does this sound likely at my age and with food coming back up sir?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, your symptoms are not due to esophageal cancer. it is the GERDs which is bring up food.if you are not chewing your foods well or giving yourself enough time to digest or if you are eating too quickly, GERDs can bring up undigested food.you need to eat healthier meals in smaller amounts.your symptoms are not due to esophageal cancer.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir. I got on Google and got extremely worried!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedon't be worried about esophageal cancerwork on decreasing your GERDseat smaller meals, chewing your foods well, eating healthier, avoiding alcohol and spicy foods and fatty mealslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question sir, for difficult of swallowing when they talk about cancer is that you literally cannot swallow? Sometimes when I eat or drank it feels like a bubble in the back of my throat, is this something to be concerned of or is this consistent with GERD?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
for cancer which blocks swallowing, all foods get blocked by the cancer and gets vomited out and the patient looses weight from cancer blocking food.your symptoms are from GERDS and/or anxiety or acid refluxthey are not from cancer.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,One last question. I am extremely worried still and I apologize. Is there a chance this is stomach cancer? My CBC came back completely normal within range, and my H Pylori breathe test came back negative. The only symptoms I have is feeling full (though I suspect this is more anxiety related, as I didn't really notice this before), and also the food coming up. At age 24, a normal CBC, and negative H pylori breathe test do you think there is any chance this is cancer? I am scheduled to get a UGI done this week, and I'm extremely anxious. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there is no chance for stomach cancer.I bet that the upper GI will not show stomach cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. It is a "esophagram with UGI" and it is tomorrow. Will this tell me if there is cancer in the stomach too? I will post my results once I get them.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there will be no stomach cancer found.you can post a new question for me here when you get the resultshttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com