Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Dr. David, I am an extreme hypochondriac to begin with, so I

Customer Question

Dr. David, I am an extreme hypochondriac to begin with, so I would like to provide a background before asking my question:I've had GERD since I was roughly 18 years old, (I'm now 24), and I've had a history of hemorrhoids. When i was about 18 I got a sigmoidoscopy to confirm that bleeding was caused by the hemorrhoid, and the GERD is somewhat under control. Recently my doctor told me that having food come up daily is not normal, etc and scared me that I may have cancer. I got a CBC test done, which came back completely normal, and a H Pylori breathe test which came back normal (negative). My current symptoms seem to come from stress (burping/indigestion), and I also have occasional upper left slight abdominal pain. Is it possible that all these symptoms are being caused by cancer? My hemorrhoids occasionally come back and the blood is bright red only on the toilet paper. I already asked you a question previously but wanted to follow up in a new thread with a full list of symptoms.
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accidentally clicked the live phone call: please ignore
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, it is not possible that your symptoms are being caused by cancer.you are letting your anxiety get the better of you.you don't have to worry about having cancer.you should see a doctor about your anxiety symptoms and see if you might benefit from anti-anxiety medication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,What makes you so positive I am ok? Is it a combination of age, the CBC, etc?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, a combination of your age and normal tests and that I am a cancer doctor who is experienced at treating cancer patients.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified Oncologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. I will try to calm down. All the factors combined plus the fact that I have lost a little weight has made me extremely anxious.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the positive feedbackI am not worried about you having cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the results back from my UGI and it said I may have the beginning of a stomach ulcer, and some gastritis but the doctor performing the UGI said there is no cancer present.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
see, I said no cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, I read online that non-H Pylori caused ulcers can be a sign of cancer, is this true? or is this just mis-information on the internet?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
cancer would have been seen on the endoscopy.you don't have cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a UGI using the barium swallow, not an endoscopy. Would that still show?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, that would have shown a cancer if it was there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. My physician is sending me to get an endoscopy and put me on Pantoprazole for 8 weeks twice a day. I am hoping that you will be correct that it will not show cancer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your endoscopy will not show cancerplease start a new question thread for me if you have other questions.thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were right sir! No cancer, no ulcer, just gastritis!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the feedbackthanks for using JustAnswer.com