Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I contacted you a while ago as I was concerned about

Hello, I contacted you a while ago as I was concerned about my symptoms of what I thought could have been piles.
When I was pregnant 2 years ago i suffered from piles (not examined but doctor said it was) and have had flare ups since up. I have been constipated on and off all my life. I also contracted C. difficile 6 years ago despite not being on antibiotics. I think I was just stressed. The doctor thought I could have chrons disease but it was all ok after. However the past month or so my bowel habits have changed and i have been having bouts of diahorrhea and abdominal pain and going toilet more regularly (haven't changed my diet). . I have seen mucous in stool and blood but no other symptoms of piles for months and no straining so not sure if blood is connected or not. I am going toilet most days and am scared.
I have lost a few pounds too without trying or eating less. The abdominal pain comes and goes. I am really scared its bowel cancer.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthanks for requesting meyour symptoms don't sound like bowel cancer.if you are having diarrhea again, you should be checked for C difficile infection again.if you got it before, you could get it again without antibiotics.you should be taking probiotics daily to help add good bacteria into your bowels.you might be allergic to gluten or lactose in Milk which can cause diarrhea symptoms.severe anxiety symptoms can also cause diarrhea as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not severe diahorrhea like when I had C. difficile just bouts. I didn't bleed then. Why is there blood and mucus now if no other sign of piles? Would they clear up after 2 years?
Also, is mucus a worry too? And is the abdominal pain a sign?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also worried as I've lost weight but I am anxious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could The C. difficile causes polyps that could be cancerous
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you could have internal hemorrhoids which are bleeding with diarrhea.mucus often comes out when your bowels are irritated from infection or diarrhea or if you have developed new food sensitivities to gluten or milk lactose.you should avoid gluten for a week and see if your diarrhea gets betteryou can try to avoid milk and lactose for a week and see if you get betterabdominal pain is very common and not usually associated with colon cancer. diarrhea or loose stools themselves can cause abdominal pains.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't want a live phone call Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got diahorrhea all the time - it's bouts of it and then normal stools but am going every day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The abdominal pain is also on and off and not eased by bowel moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am concerned about blood and mucus
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it is not due to cancermore likely due to food allergies or irritable bowel syndromeor severe anxiety causing diarrheaor possibly C diff infection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am worried which I think is making me focused on it How would I know if it was bowel cancer?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like your anxiety symptoms are bad.at your age, we don't see bowel cancer.you need to see a doctor to get checked for C diff againif you have bad anxiety symptoms, you need to see a doctor about treatment of your anxiety symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone I know was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer at my age and they said she had piles too.
Also, would my problems for years including my c diff infection mean I am more likely to have it?
Sorry to keep asking but I'm really concerned
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, c diff infection should not increase your risks for colon cancer.if you are really concerned, go see your doctor and get a colonoscopyI bet it will not show colon cancer.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.