Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

HiI had some stomach issues last week and visited my GP.

HiI had some stomach issues last week and visited my GP. From thinking back I put the issues down to either food poisining or eating greasy food. My bowels hadn't moved for a 3 days and the GP found my bowel had no movement, almost closed down.He prescribed motilium and nexazole with a warning that if I didn't feel much better the following day to come straight back in. He also ordered an Ultrasound of my abdomen. The tablets worked well and i felt much better.Last night I had some chicken coujons which were very greasy and woke in the early hours feeling unwell, not as bad as last week but unwell enough not to get back to sleep. I have been to the bathroom today and my bowels are working yet I have a pain in my stomagh, not crampy, more niggling. I have been drinking and eating a salad roll and rich tea biscuits and had no problem eating, but have little appetite.Just to be clear, when I was ill last week I had no apppetite and ate very little but did drink plenty. However I could feel what I did eat and drink sitting half way down my stomach for a long period.As I am feeling unwell again I have the Ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. My question is: What exactly will they be looking for in the Ulltrasound? and finally how soon should I get the results?Sorry for the longwinded question.ThanksMark.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything else?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThe only other medical issues I'm aware of is hay fever and allergies to dust, animal hair etc.I don't take any regular medication.Kind regardsMark.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I think that with an ultrasound your doctor wants to have a look at your gallbladder to make sure that is okay and there aren't any stones in the gallbladder.I think that the problem that you are having is gastritis (inflammation of the stomach).I would have tested you for H. pylori, which is a bug that can cause one to have gastritis and it is treated with an antibiotic, if the infection is proven on the urea breath test.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Doctor of Medicine