Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I have laparoscopy done three weeks ago. My left ovary was

I have laparoscopy done three weeks ago . My left ovary was removed with the tube as well. I saw my specialist briefly what he said it was that the cyst (10cm) he removed was its on a boarder line cancerous, the fluid in the cyst was clear from cancer cell . He said he needs MRI scan and blood scan before the final decision leaving me worried and waiting. The last week I am not feeling to well, I am very tired , nostalgic ,sharp headache, no much energy every day I have fever 37.7C. on daily basis ,my glands are up sometimes I feel like my whole body is hot, my face is hot and burning. I took paracetamol or ibuprofen with no results .I am going to toilet to pee more often than before operation. Generally I feel unwell. And I can't see getting better. I am worried that something is wrong .
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

if you are urinating more often than normal, you could have a bacterial bladder infection

you need to see your doctor or to to the health clinic and give a urine sample for urinalysis and urine culture to check for bacterial urinary tract infection

you may need a course of antibiotics to treat the infection and to feel better.

I bet your boarderline ovarian cyst issue is not a metastatic cancer

I'm glad you had your left ovary removed.

the blood test they are testing most likely is a CA-125 level and I bet this will be normal

have you had a bladder infection before?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had maybe once when I was younger , but I could pee because it was painful this time I don't feel any pain. What about the hot flushes of my face and body?. I look generally quite pale . Yesterday we went to hospital with my husband and I didn't feel well , very weak, feeling really hot , headachy . When we came back I sat down on the sofa and fell asleep straigh away and I wake up two hours later .
To days ago I was at emergency because of post op pain . They have done blood test and smear test , they took sample of my urine to see if I have an infection and it came back clear .

I see

I'm glad you had your urine checked.

you could be fighting off a viral infection.

your symptoms are none specific and don't point to metastatic cancer.

your post op pain should get better over time.

when do you go back to see your doctor about your blood test results

don't let your anxiety symptom get out of control with worry here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Next Tuesday I am seeing my specialist . I just don't understand why I feel unwell all this time . Headachy , feverish , no energy and tired .
Do you think it's not related to my cyst then?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

most likely not due to your cyest

could be a viral infection

or caused by anxiety and worry symptoms.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I need antibiotics or shall I take anything else?. Do you think I should go the gp or just wait and see?

you went to the hospital already for testing and evaluation.

they didn't think you needed antibiotics at the hospital.

you should have a follow up appointment to see your GP doctor in a few weeks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was in hospital (A&E-because of post op pain )three days before I started to feel unwell. Do you think I shouldn't worried and I don't need antibiotics or appointment with gp regards ***** ***** way I feel?.

you shouldn't worry

it doesn't sound like you need antibiotics at this point.

but you do need to see your GP doctor in follow up in the next few weeks.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
One more thing , could you explain what does the borderline cancerous mean?

http://www.cancer.gov/types/ovarian/hp/ovarian-low-malignant-treatment-pdq

is more information

Tumors of low malignant potential (i.e., borderline tumors) account for 15% of all epithelial ovarian cancers.

Nearly 75% of these tumors are stage I at the time of diagnosis. These tumors must be recognized because their prognosis and treatment is clearly different from the frankly malignant invasive carcinomas

these are not aggressive ovarian cancers and are often successfully cured with surgery to remove the ovary.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

you are welcome.

if done, please leave positive feedback

so I can get credit for helping you.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified Oncologist