Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

My name is lucy im 31 I am due on my peroid in about a weeks

Customer Question

Hi,my name is ***** ***** 31 I am due on my peroid in about a weeks time!! I did a breast examination in the shower today,it's on record at my doctors that my left breast is really dense and harder than the right!! I did a examination and it's feels completely different again in left breast it's little lumps then quite a big lump never had it like this before also my left breast aches
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

aches and a lump in your breast can be a sign of a cyst or infection in your breast

you may need a course of antibiotics.

breast cancer usually would not cause aches in the breast or breast pain.

infection can cause pain and swelling.

it sounds like you are worried about breast cancer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I say a ache it's only a tiny ache,from time to time!! No real pain in the left breast ,when I feel the right breast it feel like air the right breast is hard/few lumps yes I'm worried it's cancer
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am a cancer doctor who treats patients who have breast cancer.

hormone changes like before your period can cause your breast to ache.

it is often very normal to have lumps in your breast.

these lumps are glands and fat pockets which are normal to be there

at your age, breast cancer is very very rare.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you may need treatment for your anxiety symptoms to help decrease them.

you can ask your doctor to do breast exams for you which may be less stressful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor,I have got use to what my breasts feels like the left breast never have lumps very sponge like feel,just seems i have problems only with the right breast is have identified the left breast is completely different to right,and nothe left is very dense anyway but it was a shock today that the left breast is worse than normal I am getting short shocking pains under the arm pit ribs and arm on that side!! I never get pain in the right!! Is this all normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry suppose to have said right breast then the left breast in the first paragraphs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically only ever have problems in left breast
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see

I would not stress

most likely the pains and soreness in the breast will get better once you have your period.

if you continue to feel abnormal things in your breast, you can have your GP doctor to a breast exam

but I bet everything will show up benign without breast cancer.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much,you mentioned glands and fat pockets are normal,but I have not felt this before does this mean it's normal to just appear? And also it's it normal for one breast to be completey different to the other
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, these glands and fat pockets have always been in your breast.

sometimes they are easier to feel then other times.

yes, it is normal for one breast to be different than the other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what I don't understand doctor,if it's always been there,if didn't feel these lumps last month
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they were deeper in your breast possibly last month

if you lost weight or have less water retention this month, the breast can feel different.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I completely understand now,that makes complete sense about the water i have hardly drank anything this week thank you doctor so so muchTake care I will rate you now
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

thanks.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com