Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Question.. Please provide links to papers if any that elicit

Question for dr. David. Please provide links to papers if any that elicit the production of oil from atmospheric co2 and other elements using synthetic organisms. Alternatively explain how this might be achieved through genetic engineering.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/turning-carbon-dioxide-back-into-fuel/

is a good article on the subject.

"Nature uses enzymes; we use inorganic complexes or metals"

genetic engineering is still needed to make organisms which could do this more efficiently.

current technology uses more energy than it makes to turn carbon dioxide into hydrocarbons.

take a look at the article

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your good and fascinating answer. However, it is not the question I asked. I think I came across at least one synthetic organism listed in the nih website that produces oil. Please look into this, naming these cells and the relevant papers explaining oil production. Also please elaborate with some detail the biochemistry of this cellular process. Thnx
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Cyanobacteria may be it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3580775/

is a good article on it

the biochemistry is quite involved and is discussed in the article. I am not an expert in it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok good enough. Thnx. Easy money.