Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Can I speak to an oncologist please and what is the cost?

Hello, can I speak to an oncologist please and what is the cost?
Thanks steven
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

this is Dr. David

I am an oncologist

what is your question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I've been having sore throat ,pain swallowing, pain/pressure in ear and in neck same area as throat pain all left side fore 2 months my lymph node is swollen on same side , last few days pain radiated to front of neck near thyroid, I think, go doesn't seem worried but I'm terrified it's lymphoma or throat cancer , would prefer opinion of an expert in this field.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to add.ent said throat is quite red and tonsils are fairly big. Ultrasound said swollen node is a reactive node, but no one knows what it's reacting to
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello ?

Bad acid reflux or allergies or runny nose can cause red throat and sore throat and reactive lymph nodes in your neck

Have you tried stomach acid reducers?

Or allergy medications ?

Do you have excessive anxiety symptoms?

The neck ultrasound would have seen lymphoma if it was in the lymph nodes

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm currently taking omerprazole gastro resistant tablets, don't seem to work. Would thiis also cause pain in neck, like when turn my head? And yes latley I've had extreme anxiety, perminantly thinking about this. and googleing makes it worse, it's just full of cancer results.
I'm usually a rational thinking person, but I've convinced myself this is cancer and the longer I wait the further it's spreading. I feel the gp isn't taking it seriously.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Come to think of it . I have had anxiety for the months leading up to this, worrying about upper back pain ( still have it ) and thinking lung problems. Xray put mind at rest and now this, it's the pain in my neck (exterior) scares me most because I can't relate it to to throat without thinking cancer. am I thinking irrationally or are my fears well based
You need to talk to your doctor about therapy for your anxiety symptomsThere are medical treatments which to help decrease your anxietyYou may have excess tension in your neck from inside which is causing your neck painYou may benefit from extra exercises and do breathing exercises
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just to confirm, I'm not raising any red flags with my symptoms. I don't want to know other symptoms you would expect to see, as I will no doubt develope them within the hour. Haha
I will speak to gp about therapy as this is ruining my life now, already straining my relationship. I think I just needed to speak to someone who deals with cancer daily as I fear the general practitioner may miss something .thank you so much for helping put my mind a rest. It's the best I've felt in weeks
No none of your symptoms point to cancer paragraph talk to your doctor about therapy for your anxiety symptomsAsked to speak to a therapist which could help decrease risk anxiety symptomslet me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help. And yes I will rate now thanks again