Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

I have seen in the news of a new drug for colon cancer

Customer Question

Hi. I have seen in the news of a new drug for colon cancer coming out possible next year called xilonix. Have you jeard any details about it. e.g. when in 2017 it might be out, and how effective it is?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I don't know much about it

not much data out there for this new agent

http://investors.xbiotech.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=253990&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2181642

Xilonix is the first antibody therapy to neutralize biological activity of interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1alpha), a potent anti-inflammatory signaling molecule known to promote the growth and spread of tumors

Among responders (in both treatment and placebo arms), clinical response was associated with a 2.7-fold increase in overall survival (11.5 versus 4.2 months in responders vs. non-responders, respectively). Overall survival was not compared between treatment arms because after 8 weeks, all patients were eligible to receive study drug.

let me know if you have questions.