Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

What structure can be felt at the top of each testicule?

Customer Question

What structure can be felt at the top of each testicule? Because I have 1 round ball type thing on the top of both my testicules! When I touch them they move, and are sometimes painful after touching, but not when left alone! They seem to be on the bottom or mixed in with some tubes! Is this a sign of cancer? And if not why not and what else could it be?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you are feeling your epididymis which is normal to be on top of both testicles.

they can be tender if you feel and press on them too much.

they are normal and not a sign of cancer.

you would not have cancer on both of your testicles.

get a testicular or scrotal ultrasound. I bet it will show normal epididymis and testicles on both sides.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you! What do you think the round balls on the top of the testicules be? Is that a normal part of the eppidiymis?

yes, you are feeling part of the epididymis

there are spermatic ducts which leave the testicles to bring the sperm up into your prostate gland to make semen

you don't have to worry about cancer in your testicles.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay good! Thank you! Are these ducts usually quite firm to touch??

yes, these ducts and epididymis can be firm to the touch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank goodness! And moveable I should imagine? Also where exactly should they be found'
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also if it was cancer would it cause slight pain to squeeze a little on the ball

no, it doesn't have to be cancer to have some slight tenderness.

the epididymis and spermatic ducts are above the testicle on both sides normally

you don't have to worry about these areas being testicular cancer.

you don't have to touch and squeeze these areas frequently

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified Oncologist
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you!

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions

thanks for leaving positive feedback.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I have one last question, I was told the testiculer cancer tends to grow on either side and front of the testicule and not on the very tip st the top of it! Is this true?

testicular cancer can grow anywhere on the testicle.

what you are feeling is not testicular cancer

go get a scrotal ultrasound

it will show normal findings.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay! Thank you very much

you are welcome.