Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Im hoping for some advice, first of all i would like to say

Hi, im hoping for some advice, first of all i would like to say that i do suffer from health anxiety but i havent been as bad as this in a few years! I mainly focus on cancer. Everything flared up about 4 weeks ago after i had a subluxation in the l5 s1 region in my lower back. This caused pain in my back and down my legs, muscle twitching etc (the twitching ive also had with my anxiety before) i am currently having physio for this and have been improving.On another matter i thought my right breast felt a little lumpy so i went to see my gp and she advised it felt just glandular to her, nothing hard or fixed. She did say she would check again a week after my next cycle just to compare but she was not concerned. I also mentioned to her that i have been experiencing some brown tinged discharge a day or 2 before my period starts and on some months i can have pink tinged clear discharge that only ever happens mid cycle around ovulation, again she advises this can be normal and if anything could be caused by a slight hormone imbalance? I stopped using the pill approx 5/6 months ago.I recently got some blood work done during a female health check:Full blood count - normal
Liver and kidney function - normal
Thyroid - normal
Heart disease risk - normal
Bone health - normal
Female cancer markers (CA125 & CEA - normal
Iron levels - normalMy blood pressure has also been normal and my pap smear is up to date not due for another year.My doctor tells me with all this blood work there would be some indication if there was something more going on that would prompt her to evaluate further? Would this be something you would agree with?My doctor wants to concentrate on my anxiety which i strongly agree with as it is getting to me at the minute.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

severe anxiety can definitely cause twitching.

I'm glad you are doing physical therapy and it is helping.

your symptoms don't point to cancer.

I agree with your doctor you should focus on treatment for your anxiety symptoms

are you on medications to help decrease anxiety symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I dont take medication for my anxiety ive always managed it in the past with exercise and self help books have also helped but this time round it seems more difficult to deal with.Would you agree that the tests i have had recently would probably flag something up that would merit further investigation?Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, your testing would have shown cancer

but your testing is normal

you don't have to worry about cancer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much. I am back at my gp in a week so i will discuss options to help control my anxiety. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome.

yes, discuss options and medications which can help with your anxiety symptoms.

thanks for the positive feedback

thanks for using justAnswer.com