Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Cracking joints and bone pain

Customer Question

Hi I'm a 24 year old slim female. Recently I have been having pain in my right knee along with cracking. I have also been getting achey bones or what feels like bone ache at least in my wrists and forearms. Any ideas as to what this may be and should I get it checked out. I have been noticing the cracking for around 6 months and Te pain is relatively new past couple of months or so.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

This is something for which you must see your doctor.

There are a number of causes of joint pain in a young adult like you.

The conditions which can cause this are:

Injury and overuse - this is a possibility specially if you into sports or exercise.

Autoimmune disease - autoimmune disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus may cause this.

Arthritis - arthritis like osteoarthritis and gout can cause this.

Infectious disease like Lyme's can cause this.

Bursitis and tendonitis - can cause pain in individual joints.

Note down these causes or copy-paste them into Word and take a printout and discuss with your doctor. This will enable an informed discussion and help you to get detailed explanations.

Take care - you do need to see a doctor for this now - discuss all these causes with him - ask for tests and investigations for this.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.