DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

I slipped on a wet floor in a shop over a year ago. It was

Customer Question

I slipped on a wet floor in a shop over a year ago. It was a typical fall forward with my foot being forced upwards. Had a burning pain under the sole of my foot in addition to what felt like a bad sprain. I used to be a professional ballet dancer and now still teach for a ballet company. Had ongoing Physio and saw a consultant who scanned plantar fascia. Nothing of note really reported but could not weight bear for 6 weeks. I gradually returned to limited teaching but not been able to return fully to dancing. On-going problem with a joint close to the navicular which seems to partially dislocate. Went back to consultant who was able to recreate the movement I experience in the joint. Had x-rays, ultrasound scan which suggested a Lisfranc injury and an MRI. I have to wait to hear from consultant but have a cd of the MRI. I know I am no expert but it does seem that there is a break and a partial dislocation of a bone-the one that is the joint but one after the big toe joint. I am aware you cannot and should not diagnose based on this information but I am worried and just want to know what are the possible treatment methods if it is a partial dislocation which I have been moving around on for over a year. Is this likely to require surgery as I also have post traumatic stress disorder and the prospect of surgery in itself is terrifying if this involves a general anaesthetic. I will hear from the consultant in 3 days but just want to know what are the possible treatments if there is a dislocation following a fracture that has been present for more than a year. I am hyper mobile and am often able to put the joint back myself.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know Thank and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No worries. I will get to speak to the surgeon later in the week. Just sitting with the not knowing worry.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
Do you have any part of the MRI report?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a copy of the MRI scan but no report
can you upload that to something like photobucket.com and give me the link?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can attach a pic of the part that worries me.
OK