DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

Hi do orthopedisits specialise in sports injurys? I think ive

Customer Question

Hi do orthopedisits specialise in sports injurys? I think i've developed shin splints going along the left side of my right leg, i started jogging a few months ago but only running on and off so not consistently so not an experienced regular runner and last week i did a few jogs and i started getting it quite bad and i wasn't able to run properly with it so i haven't ran for a couple of days now to give it some rest but i was wondering what can i do to speed up recovery and prevent the shin splints from happening when i do start running again?
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i'll wait a bit longer but hope it's not to long as i sent this question 20 hours ago,

Thank you for getting back to me. I apologize for the delay in your question being answered, but I will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--before we go on I didn't quite understand you first statement? Is it still a problem now that you've rested?