DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi Have a bolt in the leg after surgery 6 months ago where

Customer Question

Have a bolt in the leg after surgery 6 months ago where both the tibia and fibia was broken. Told that I must decide if I want it out for anything from 4-10 months. Have a little pain and a protrusion of the lower bracket just above the ankle that was soft (water?) But starts and become harder. Is 51 years 1.92cm and 110kg jobs in IT consulting.
If I take it out what are the risk factors and what would you recommend? And how long are normally off work after such removal of the bolt? Do you have to walk with crutches and do not charge for such removal?
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
If there is no pain or problem, you can leave it in.

If it is determined that it needs to come out...about 6 to 12 weeks for full recovery...up and about in 1 to 3 weeks.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.