Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

What is the best treatment for tear in hip

Customer Question

What is the best treatment for a full thickening tear through base anterior superior of the labrum of the right hip with has been on going for last 6 months. No current treatment offered despite impact on daily activities and consistent stabbing pains in groin and down leg when resting and moving.

Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

the treatment depends on how evere the labrium tear is

for mild tears, you can have conservative management with steroid injections and anti-inflammatories and physical therapy

for more severe tears which do not heal, arthroscopic surgery might be needed to fix the tear.

it sounds like your tear has not healed in 6 months

you should see an orthopedic surgeon about surgical repair options for your tear

your GP will have to refer you to see a orthopedi surgeon.

have you asked your GP to see an orthopedic surgeon?