DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

I have been told I have elastic hips. Since my right hip was

Customer Question

I have been told I have elastic hips. Since my right hip was dislocated for the second time for 8 year before realisation by a surgeon. My right leg ended up to 4cm longer than my left. Since the replacement of femoral head into socket. My knees started dislocating. Then it dislocated again 9 years ago the repeated knee dislocation has practically gone away. The orthopaedics are having a problem telling the truth. The socket has been deformed and I have 5cm shortening in the right leg. I am having a problem explaining that due to the stretch that it is practically impossible to tell the difference of my body from lying on a table for an x-ray where a radiologist lines you up to walking around as long as I can stay on my feet. I would like to know what was stretched so I can make them understand as I can't find information to prove what links the hip and knee.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--sorry for the delay. What x-rays have you had?