Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Good evening I am awake with pain in my lower left leg.

Customer Question

Good evening
I am awake with pain in my lower left leg.
I had a fall over two weeks ago down steps and damaged my leg. I had an X-ray that proved there were no broken bones, but it turned into messy weeping cellulitis.
The cellulitis didn't heal even with 6 days worth of double antibiotics.
I went back to my GP and they ran a load of tests yesterday (Mon)
Within hours they rang and told me to go straight to A&E as I had a d dimer level of 1000
My doctors wanted me to have a scan in the hospital but they didn't give me one.
Instead a doctor there said it was an abscess and cut a haematoma with a scalpel and dressed it up and sent me on my way.
Now I am awake with severe stabbing pains - like am being knifed. Any suggestions ?? Thank you.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Where exactly is the pain located?
Is the pain located exactly where you had the incision?
Do you have a picture that you can send me here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response, but I have been to see my own Doctor in the meantime.

I asked the question in the middle of the night when I was in a lot of pain and paid the extra to get an urgent response because it said it would come in within minutes.

I stayed awake for an hour but nothing came, it was disappointing.

Krgds

Zoe Cannell

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I received that question two minutes prior to responding.
I guess your question was posted in the orthopedic category where there was no doctor to respond to you in a timely manner.
You can always feel free to ask any number of further questions that you have.
You can directly request questions to me by mentioning FOR DR SHAHZAD ONLY and posting it in the MEDICAL category or the link below so that you can get your answer urgently:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drshahzadmd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not your fault!!
If nobody is available the company should inform you !!
The situation remains unchanged - I am awake at 3.30am in severe pain with my leg.
:-(
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Really sorry to hear about your pain.
Is it still oozing?
What kind of antibiotics are you on?
What kind of pain medications are you on?
Can you please enumerate all your medications for me.