Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

There - I have noticed that the wrist bone on my right

Customer Question

Hello there - I have noticed that the wrist bone on my right hand is much bigger than my left hand - it protrudes more and is more ball like. I'm worried it may be a bone tumour as it also feels quite stiff. Could you help please? I'm anxious about this.
What would be the symptoms if this was a bone tumour in my right wrist? How could I tell? Thanks v much Fiona
Category: Orthopedics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could possibly answer as soon as possible as I'm getting myself in a bit of a state. I know I need to manage anxiety but my wrist is really stiff - thanks v much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereIs there any update on this please?Thanks v much
Fiona
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Dear FionaI amCustomerand I would assist you.I understand that you did not get a reply to your question in good time.Unfortunately we experts have no control on this aspect and we answer when the question is opened for us.Has this protuberance increased recently?Any pain in the area?Both wrists are stiff or only one?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think in the last month. It is stiff but no pain. Notably different from ten other wrist - here's a photo - worried it may be bone tumour - has got some fluid/swelling around it but mostly hard lump
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Can you upload a photo of both wrists in the same position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded the photo of both wrists - please can you send a replyThanks v muchObviously I'm worried it's a bone tumour - but it seems to be a bit fluidy as well and moves - what is it please?Fiona
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Dear FionaDorsum ( backside) of wrist is a classical position for wrist ganglion.Ganglion is a fluid filled outpouching from wrist joint lining or tendon sheath of the tendons passing across the wrist.This is a harmless swelling and in most cases does not require any treatment.This is not bone tumor.Please read the link to know more about the condition.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you very much for your help
Fiona
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only last question I have is that it is on the top of my wrist not the back and it's making my wrist a bit stiff.Is this normal for a ganglion?Thanks v much
Fiona
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
It can appear at top of wrist as well and because it is fluidy and and it moves it is very likely to be a ganglion.It cannot be a bone tumor as a bone tumor would not move and it would not also be fluid filled.