Dr. Hoellering
Dr. Hoellering, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

In your professional experience have you ever heard of or

Customer Question

In your professional experience have you ever heard of or would it be plausible for a toddler of 15 months in the care of her parents to fracture her clavicle without any knowledge that she had done so. No crying to alarm and alert us, still active with
no immediate signs of physical distress. The only out of character signal was she had fallen asleep out of routine (potentially shortly after she had fractured it) whilst on awakening only then there were clear signs of discomfort.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Hoellering replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Dr.Customer treating children in my family practice for more than 20 years and happy to help you with your question.I have never heard a story like this. You can be so shocked by fracturing the clavicle that you don't feel pain during the first seconds or minutes. But to feel discomfort only after a short sleep is suspicious of a kind of seizure.
Was my answer helpful for you? Then I thank you for hitting a positive rating button. If there is a question left, feel free to ask!
Isn’t Justanswer awesome? You ask a question and get an answer from an expert: Quickly, professionally and friendly. Your experts work for a tip to make their help not too expensive for you.
But: If you don’t rate them positively, they don’t even get their tip.
So: If my answer was useful, please allow me as your expert to participate from the money you already payed. You do that by clicking a good rating, and with that you ensure that experts like to be there for you if you need them again.
If something is still not clear: Just feel free to ask! I want you to be happy with me and Justanswer.