Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

Good evening Doctor,In my left foot I have complete

Customer Question

Good evening Doctor,
In my left foot I have complete numbness from the tip of my big toe across the three adjacent toes and down my upper foot for two inches forming a square with no feeling.
The numbness is more pronounced on the sole and the lack of feeling runs to within two inches of my heal.
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evening Shantal,
I would still like to wait for an answer please. There is no immediate hurry,it's a long standing and I very much doubt serious complaint.
However if it's proving too difficult to find someone suitable don't worry about it and use up your time just let me know and I'll close the question.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi there, i am online and will be happy to answer your questions,thank you for your patience. i am sorry to hear about your problem. do you have diabetes?high blood pressure? high cholesterol problem? or any medical illness?any trauma to lower limb?can you please let me know your age and gender?do you take meat in your diet or are you a vegetarian? this is an info request, please reply so i can help you. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,slightly high blood pressure but none of the other things mentioned.meat eater.Male 47. Thanks.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
thank you for replying,this area is supplied by medial and lateral plantar nerves.usually in diabetic or vitamin B12 deficiencies can be seen.i would suggest visiting a neurologist for physical examination +/- labs and you might need nerve conduction studies to diagnose and then treat accordingly. please let me know if you have questions/ i should provide clarifications. thank you
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi again,do you have any questions?