DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

I am looking advice and a second opinion on the best

Customer Question

I am looking for some advice and a second opinion on the best course of action with regards ***** ***** back problems. I have had a discectomy and a micro-discectomy performed on my L5 disc to date. The first was successful, the second only partially in my opinion and it would appear that I now have a degree of nerve damage as a result. My last micro-discectomy was effective for approximately 6 months but following on from that, I’ve had pretty severe pain again in my lower back, left buttock, leg and foot.
My pain specialist then carried out a nerve block injection which was apparently on my left Sacroiliac joint. This was, in my view, highly successful as I had instant and full pain relief, in fact I hadn’t felt better in years. The nerve block lasted for approximately 6 weeks and I then had denervation on my SI joint which gave me approximately 90% pain relief for just 4 months. I then had a left S1 transforaminal and caudal epidural which gave me little to no relief.
According to my pain specialist, the root cause of my pain is my left sacroiliac joint and there have been 2 positive left sacroiliac join provocation tests.
However, my neurosurgeon has noted that there are some signs of left SI joint arthritis but he believes that my back pain is probably due to post-discectomy micro movements as there is evidence of adhesions around the nerve root. He has advised that I have an L5-S1 spinal fusion.
I am looking for some advice on the best course of action which would serve me best please.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Everything that you have posted makes perfect sense.At this point, if I were in your shoes, I would go with what your neurosurgeon says....Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Dr Rick,That's hardly a satisfactory response now is it? In fact that's an appalling response in every possible way and I shall be requesting a refund asap. Hopefully I won't be getting ripped off, although - they can try! Are you even a doctor? Please don't answer that, it was rhetorical and I don't wish to be communicating further with you as I'm disgusted. I asked for a second opinion from a professional, not to have my intelligence insulted!
Dene