Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

And my father 71 he is having knees problems . he is on 15mg

Customer Question

and my father 71 he is having knees problems . he is on 15mg prednisone for behcets disease for 3 years this steroids . he is suffering from blood pressure and pred couse gain weight and made his constipation worse. CAN HE USE Neo G Knee Support to give him better walk, he is having arthritis too but not very serious ? I want to buy him the knee supports but I want advice
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Yes, he can use Neo G knee support for the knee.Prednisolone also causes osteoporosis and makes arthritis worse. So, you should ask his doctor to put him on calcium and vitamin D supplements.For the constipation he can use Psyllium (metamucil) husk two table spoons thrice a day and syrup lactulose 20 ml once at night. HE should be on a high fiber diet containing, fruit pulp, dried fruits and nuts, unrefined cereals, whole grain, wheat, prunes etc. And should drink at least 3 liters of water per day.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of your screen.Wish your father a good health.