DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 62 year old male. Some 6 weeks ago I developed a painful

Customer Question

I am a 62 year old male. Some 6 weeks ago I developed a painful left knee. It's a strange pain and seems located at the rear of my knee although the at times feels all over the knee. When I have been sitting for any time and stand, the pain is excruciating and my knee seems to give way, but when I begin to walk it subsides to a soreness. This doesn't happen every time but a out 70% of the time. At night in bed it becomes very painful and sore. Your advice would be appreciated.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need an orthopetic exam.This sounds like degenerative arthritis of the knee.It might be complicated by a baker's cysts.It should not be left unexamined.Of course, ligement tears and infection need to be ruled out at this point. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.