DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

I have lost use of my right hand , wrist and have my right

Customer Question

hi, i have lost use of my right hand , wrist and have my right shoulder frozen after a dog attack he destroyed muscle ripped up the lunar nerve and caused a lot of damage , i am naturally right handed the incident happened 2 n half years ago leaving me in servier pain , im a very lively active personne and coped well untill recently my left hand has started to feel like cramping pains in my palm all the tips of my fingers and thumb go numb to nearly the bottom joints and the tips of my fingers and thumb have serious pins and needles in them in the middle of my palm i feel a stabbing pain which continues throught my wrist and into the elbow feeling like a red hot knitting needle is poking throught my palm into the wrist and palm up on the right side through the elbow , could this just be over use of my left hand shoulder arm n wrist the pain keeps me from sleeping at night and making me feel ill the attacks last up to 4 days and getting longer , i also experince pain during the day , i only have my left hand and im getting scared as if i loose my left hand i have no hands at all and i have 2 young children and a daughter whose a c6 complete spinale to care for , is there any help out there for my good hand please im 46 with loads to be done and im struggling with the pain im taking ampitriplyne 25 mg tramadole 50mg and 100 mg naxopraxene 500 thank you
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I've read your post. Please let me know if you still need help with your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i still need help with my question please
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.

Was your left arm or neck injured in the dog attack? Have you had an MRI of your cervical spine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my right arm and shoulder was injured in the attack and no ive never been offered mri