Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Had a knee replacement in October 2015 but still having pain

Customer Question

Had a knee replacement in October 2015 but still having pain and burning sensation been back to see specialist and had a X-ray on it and blood tests , but results came back positive , any advice you can give me to make things better
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

results come back positive? what are the results?

burning pain can be from nerve damage from the surgery.

you may need nerve pain medications like neurontin or lyrica which could help

you may benefit from 5% lidocaine numbing patches which could help decrease pain in the area.

NSAIDs could help

icing your knee could help as well

have you tried these methods?