Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

A friend has been asked to attend a post polio syndrome

Customer Question

A friend has been asked to attend a post polio syndrome assessment. What is this?
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

This would be a comprehensive history taking and physical examination done by your friends doctor to know whether his present symptoms are due to post polio syndrome which is a condition causing signs and symptoms that appear decades after the initial polio illness.. The doctor may then order investigations which will help him/her know the cause of the symptoms and rule out other conditions which will cause similar symptoms.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
May you be happy, successful, and healthy.